Thursday 28 October 2010

The Mundane things of Life

Are what makes the world go round i think. the everyday tasks that keep us healthy and comfortable in our lives. VT did some clearing out of the shed this morning while i did a pile of very mundane ironing. Mostly short sleeved shirts, which i think will be going away soon.He then took some stuff for disposal, and rang up from Homebase to tell me what he had bought for the fire. he is renovating that now, getting it ready for the colder weather.
I see the clocks go back this weekend so the nights will definitely be closing in on us, and we start to think of fires and winter stews etc., I love this time of the year actually, i would much rather be cold than too hot. I don't think life in Australia would suit me at all especially not with the spiders anyway.
Jane rang up after lunch to say she had just got the text about her rent money that I have put into her account for this montha. She sounded quite perky, and was revising her biology. i did human Biology at "O" level many many moons ago, but it is surprising how much comes back to you. She is worrying about her revision now, but I'm sure she will do ok.
Today started out really well, with some sunshine, and although it was cool, VT was pottering around the garden and being chased by little Rusty. She follows him everywhere, and if he takes the wheelie bin round to the front of the house, she will wait on the top of the steps till he comes back. it always amazes me how loyal cats are. She sits on him every night while he reads his book, and only jumps off when he goes to sleep. And in the morning, there she is again, waiting for him to get up and feed her. I get Bobby... trampling round my head and nuzzling my cheek with her whiskers which is most annoying but lovely at the same time. it has taken Bobby a long time to get to this stage, and she is now a really affectionate cat.
Just said on the radio that Clint eastwood has a 35yr old parrot and it is his best friend. he talks to it all the time and teaches it stuff. Well i wasn't expecting that..I don't feel so bad about talking to our cats now!
Tonight we are having:
Either garlic kievs or lemon and black pepper escalopes.
Little baked potatoes
Carrot mash
Bread sauce.

No comments: