Thursday 18 August 2011

All Tanked Up...

The cold water tank is still leaking from underneath. Poor Vin had to get up twice during the night to empty the container he has put under it. I didn't hear him because once I take the hearing aids out I'm dead to the world. He will be tired tonight.
The plumber rang up quite early with the price for doing the work, but Vin had already decided to do it himself. The plumber didn't mind, he is a really nice bloke, and said he had a tank that he had just taken out of a house which was nearly new, and the size he wanted. He was going to take it to the tip and said he would deliver it here, saving us an arm and a leg. He said he would drop it off too..what a nice man. Vin was thrilled to bits because he hadn't been sure where to get one from so it saved him looking around. He had the fittings and went to a place in Crosby to get some other things. Of course the plumber arrived with the tank just as we were about to leave for my hair appointment but no matter...we got there.
I had a new girl today, called Rio..very unusual name..she was called that when she was born she says. My lovely Laura who I had really got used to and had for quite some time now had left aopparently two weeks ago, to spend more time with her daughter Ava. Still, Rio did a good job and cut it the way I wanted. We had a bit of a spat in the car after Vin had picked me up. He said it was a good cut, and then said that was it the same sort of style..pudding Basin!!!!!! I could have smacked him!!! Not what you want to hear when you have just spent £30 on a hair do. So there was sulks from me on the way home via Waitrose. I shall put it down to the fact that he was probably tired from a disturbed night's sleep. Less than tactful though.
He has just rung up from Homebase where he went to buy some plyboard to rest the tank on. It had been put onto a piece of wood between two joists which is wrong apparently, so he is going to put that right. I shall nip down and put the coffee on for him.
Tonight we are having:
Cheesey Kiev
Carrots with green beans
Sliced fried potatoes 8oz.

No comments: