Friday 5 August 2011

Sharp Eyes...

Went over to Walton this morning to their Sainsburys. It is about a half hour journey but it is a pleasant one on the whole and the traffic was light today. We quite like going there because it is a big store and you can move around easily, a bonus in the school holidays.
Vin wanted a look in the "Cheap shop" next door, because he is trying to find a cheapo pair of sunglasses he can canibalise to mend a pair of wrap around ones that he loves. The arms have snapped off for some reason, which is a shame because they are really good glasses, polarised for the glare, and go over your normal glasses really well.
I had a look in the big Next Clearance shop next door and spotted some good topwels for the kitchen. Couldn't see a price on them so took them to the counter and the woman said £6,. She said these are a set you know? Oh says I but there are only two! Anyway she said £6 so i bought them both..great for the kitchen.
Went into Sainsburys then to do our shopping, always get quite a lot of stock up items in there and came out for our coffee in their car park. I was telling Vin about the towels being a set and he went round the back oof the car to have a look. Lo and behold he finds a label on the towels..neither I nor the assistant spotted that..and the label said Egyptian Cotton Towels £5 !! Cou5rse Vin is thrilled to bits to find a discrepancy, and by the fact that I had overpaid! So I went back in the store, andreturned them.and got the money put back on my card. Sharp eyed Vin saved me £2 there. Well done VT...
Home in time for lunch.. a lovely egg salad for me, which Vin won't have, so he has some small Quorn sausage rolls and some beans.. Yuk, I hate baked beans. Give me a salad any day.
Lovely warm day today,sun is shining and there is a nice breeze to keep everyone cool. The cats seem to be quite quiet today, Rusty is having a sleepy day it seems, but she does run around a lot in the evening. I like this idea of cat naps..lovely idea.


Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers
Chips! 200 grms between us
Mushy peas for VT and green beans for moi,
Tartare sauce.

No comments: