Tuesday 9 August 2011

I am Definitely NOT a Morning Person!!

Definitely not..mornings and me are just not compatable..I had an appointment at the Aintree Hospital this morning at 10 O'Clock in the Ultrasound Department. This wasn't the problem. The real problem was that I had to drink 2litres of water 90 mins before the appointment. So that meant getting up quite early. I woke up at ten to five I think there was a cat around somewhere, and decided I'd better go to the bathroom since i couldn't go later. Big mistake..couldn't get back to sleep again i think I was worried about oversleeping, and then there really was a cat traipsing around the top of my head.So tossed around for quite a while until Vin came up with a quick cup of coffee before getting up.
Then it was the Marathon drink..I don't drink a huge amount at the best of times and 2 litres is definitely a torture. I have no idea how people drink these bottles of water all the time. Got my four big glasses down in the required half hour, then got ready to go out. I fully expected Vin to turn taps on and put the fountain on outside, but he was a good boy and didn't. Left at nine to allow for traffic, and actually got there at half past, which was very good time..no traffic and quiet roads. Must be the holidays. Parking is always a problem, but we had to use the outside park today since I had to go to the main building, not the new one. Loads opf parking spaces which was a surprise and got to the Ultrasound Dept at half past nine. Radiologist/Dr came out almost immediately and asked if I had drunk enough water..Oh Yes says I.. It was like the scans you get when you are pregnant..no fear of that this time!! Did the bladder, full then empty, then the kidneys..I will never know how people can eat kidneys!!My appointment should have been for 10 but actually I was out and finished by ten.
Home via the BP garage, because Vin wanted to use his Daily Mail £5 voucher..£10 of petrol for £5..not bad.
Then home neither of us fancied going anywhere else so we came back again. Cats asleep on the bed..don't thi k they missed us at all.
Bit cloudy today with a smattering of rain, but it has cleared up nowand Vin is in the garden doing some bits and bobs.
She who is always having something done must be cooking today. There is a huge smell of garlic coming up through the floorboards..no workmen today though.She loves her garlic that woman, she uses an awful lot of it. Funny in a terraced house, you do get cooking smells coming through the floors. I remember when Jane was small, the neighbour we had then used to run a small coffee shop in the garden centre that is now th big one over the bypass. She used to make cakes every day, and you could smell the aroma of baking cakes when we came home from school. That was nice though.
Tonight we are having:
Not sure exactly..I shall see what is in the freezer.
Maybe a toad in the hole with mushroom gravy,
Mixed veg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My word I would have been going to the toilet every 5 minutes after drinking all of that!!! Hope you get results soon and all goes well.