Sunday 14 August 2011

Weekend Doings!!

Both days this weekend have been really nice and pleasant. Quite sunny but with a breeze as well so not too warm.
As I type this Vin is sitting outside with his mug of tea (which he is welcome to!). He went out this morning to get his things from Maghull, and he wanted to have a look at some fence panels that he had seen in the smaller garden centre over the bypass. He spotted them yesterday, but wanted to check the measurements.We have fences either side of the garden and the ones on the right between us and our new neighbours wanted replacing. Someone a bit ago planted ivy plants there, and they have pretty much destroyed the fence really. Vin has removed the ivy a bit deviously and he went today to have another look at the fence panels. Turned out that they were the same size so he bought them. Bargain price at £27 each!!!. They only had two left, which is just what he wantedd, so they are being delivered tomorrow.
We did our crosswords quite quickly this afternoon. I love that time on a Sunday afternoon after lunch when we sit down to do them. Keeps your mind going tooAlways did like doing puzzles, I remember doing the Sunday Express crossword with my Dad when I was young,but we didn't have the Internet to help out in those days. Not like these days, you type in a query and the answer is there is a matter of seconds. Mind you we only use the computer to get the really hard ones, or the ones we just can't get from the reference books.
Jane rang up last night to say that she was on her way to work, and it was quite quiet in the middle of Manchester. I did tell her to be careful on the way home though. She said she wasn't wearing her hoddie today!!!
Tonight we are having:
Our Pizza with our tomato sauce
Portobello mushrooms pineapple pepper for vin and emmenthal cheese.
potato and egg salad with avocado
Potato salad for moi and pasta salad for Vin.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll join Vin outside with a cup of tea as I'm just drinking one too :)) be lost without my tea as I don't drink anything else LOL

Internet seems to be fine, at moment, but I'm not saying it outloud just in case it hears me and goes on the blink again - no doubt will have to call the engineer out again - isn't funny how you get used to things..

The weather been nice here too but humid at night. Glad Jane is OK. take care, Judyx