Tuesday 30 August 2011

Mr Fixit Does His Car...

We did get up a wee bit late this morning, so decidid not to go further afield. It was too late to go to ormskirk for example. So I said i'd do the ironing which has been lookking at me all weekend, and Vin decided to go and sort his tyres out. His MOT is due soon and he knew he needed two new front tyres which he has been pricing up for a bit now. The national Tyre Company in crosby had the best deal so he rang them up and they had some in. The tracking was a different matter. they were charging £27 whilst Formby Tyre were only charging £12. So his plan was to get his tyres in Crosby then go to Formby to get the tracking done. So offf he went. I stopped at home with my trusty ironing board and iron!!
He rang up a bit later to say that they were doing the tyres, and they had asked him whether he wanted the tracking done. he said he had a cheaper quote from Formby tyres for £12 so they said they could offer him their best deal of £14 !! So he got that done there saving a load of money. Martin Lewis would be proud of him. At the moment he is re-doing the back licence plate which is a bit damaged, and his side wing mirror which seemed to crack in all the really cold weather in january. Then there are wiper blades which he cheats with. he has a set of new ones which he keeps for MOTs and then puts the old ones back when it's over. They are perfectly good but just to be sure he swaps them.
Not heard from Jane for a few days, she didn't ring on her birthday, and I have rung her phone but keep getting Orange answer ..leave a message tone. I hate those.When it comes down to it, I never know what to say. usually end up leaving some garbled message.
Tonight we are having:
Toad-in-the-hole with Quorn sausages,
Mushroom gravy,
Carrots peas and green beans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't like answer machines either I tend to write my speech down so that if I do get an answer machine I'm not thrown as to what to say.. My word Vin is really getting carried away with his fixing lark but that's good. Take care, Judyx