Tuesday 8 September 2009

Cyber Woosh.........

I spent ages yesterday doing my account for the day, then presses submit..and woosh it disappeared into God knows where.
Yesterday we were up early since I had an appointment at Walton in the Renal clinic. Saw and Indian Doctor, who spent a lot of time talikng to the computer, rather than me, and was really quite difficult to understand too. I had to keep asking her to repeat what she had said, and she was beginning to get on my wick. Didn't say anything about what was going on, and left me distinctly underwhelmed.Asked me what one of the tablets was..was it for HRT? no say I it is for a hand tremour.!!! Ah well.. 4 months to the next appointment. Maybe get more sense next time.
Last night we had:
Quorn Gruyere cheese and leek escalope,
Carrot, cauliflower and broccoli,
Baby baked new potatoes.
White sauce with mushrooms.


So to today..
Jane telephoned this morning to tell us about her friend Ruby's uncle. He has been murdred in London, outside his mosque by a gang of young boys. Terrible case, it happened in front of his three year old granddaughter. We saw the case in Monday's Daily Mail but didn't of course make the connection. Jane was friends with the three girls who live here, Sophie Jasmine and Ruby. Lovely girls. Ruby is a really sweet girl who is so friendly and nice. What a family tragedy.
Jane was moaning because her mobile phone had been dropped down the toilet!! she said the best thing to dry it out was rice!! Never heard of that one. But, there again I have never dropped a mobile phone down the toilet..there again..don't have a mobile phone!
Cleared out my cupboard that holds my spices and condiments this morning. It is amazing how long you keep them for really. Some of them smell nothing like what they are supposed to.The cinnamon smelt horrible. The cupboard looks quite bare now, so will have to stock up a bit.
Tonight we are having:
Quorn pieces in a sauce with mushrooms,
Green vegetables and carrots,
Potatoes or rice..not quite sure.

No comments: