Wednesday 9 September 2009

Lovely Autumn Day

Today it is bright sunny and a blue sky day. We went to Dobbies this morning mainly because we got up too late to go to Ormskirk. We had a walk round there, and a look at the autumn plants, but didn't buy any this time. in fact we actually came out of there without buying anything at all, which is very unusual for us actually.
VT did point out a dvd of triumph motor bikes that he saw, and I thought would be great to send to John in Australia, but we weren't sure of the region code. This had a region O, which apparently is uncoded so can be viewed anywhere in the world. I will get it next time I am there, I shouldn't think it will have been sold by then!.
We had a lovely mug of coffee and then went up the road to Aldi and Argos. VT wanted to look for a bathroom heater. The one we have is getting a bit ancient, but Argos only have one and it didn't have a thermostat, so we didn't get that.
Aldi proved to be surprisingly cheap. I wouldn't like to do my main shop there, but we did get some things that were good value. I got baking paper which is excellent, and cling film. Mushrooms chanterey carrots, a bag of limited edition mini toblerone bars, a box of biscuits for cheese, plus some other things and it was only £8.18. I thought that was good value.
Tonight we are having:
Garlic kievs,
Saute potatoes,
Carrots and cauliflower/broccoli with cheese sauce.

No comments: