Friday 20 May 2011

Alarm Clock Didn't Work!!

By the alarm clock, I mean the two cats! Usually early in the morning one or other..normally both are jumping around on the bed when it starts to get light.This morning..nothing..nobody..no little paws treading on us, so we slept in. Didn't wake up till about a quarter past nine. it doesn't matter, but we were planning to go to Southport, and we usually like to get going a bit earlier.
Started off quite nice, but began to get drizzly later on and then rained about lunchtime. Our next door neighbour was going to a wedding today, and yesterday she had gone out to buy a small umbrella to match her outfit. Good job as it happened.
Went to the Range shop because I wanted a little dish to put tomatoes on in the oven. They had a pyrex one which fitted the bill perfectly. Funny how Pyrex is still going strong,I can remember my Mum using Pyrex dishes, now they are dishwasherm microwave proof etc., they weren't in my Mums day.
The ASDA in Southport, is in a small retail park, with a Next, Range Card Factory, and now a new Costa. That was a surprise, it is where the Doulton shop was, that closed when they went into receivership. Didn't go there today, because we take our own coffee there, ASDA's coffee is really really dire, and served in horrible plastic beakers. Yuk!
Must admit that they do have a lot of bargains though. We got large jars of Gold Blend coffee for two for £9, and three Horlicks packs for £5 which is really cheap. I have a mug of that every night, VT has tea which I hate. The last time I had a cup of tea I had Jane nearly twenty eight years ago! Horrible taste, can't see what people see in it. Very british thing though..a cup of tea..panacea for all ills.
Later home. but it doesn't matter.
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers,
Mushy peas for VT and green beans for moi
Chips..200grms
tartare sauce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha Tea is about the only drink I consume, don't drink alchol, don't like fizzy, not that keen on coffee and water gets a bit boring!!
I'll send Karmen and Prince around to you :) they've both had me up between 4.30-5.00 the last couple of mornings.. take care, Judyx

ps: just going for a (_)> of tea

Unknown said...

Can anyone pick out for me the best product among those listed on this site? Best Alarm Clock!