Saturday 21 May 2011

Dull..

One of those dull days today. All day it has looked like rain, but never materialised. Bobby was out in the garden all morning, perched on top of their hut despite the bit of a breeze that was blowing. True to form, they were both trampling on me at about five thirtyish this morning, and Bobby eventually settled on my feet, and Rusty on my hip. So I was stuck there. Anyone who is a cat owner knows that you don't move them..since it is somewhat of an honour if a cat comes on your knee etc. I think it is lovely the way they grace you with their presence.
VT went out this morning armed with his coupon from the Daily Express for a free loaf from greggs. never one to turn down a free offer, this seemed to be a good bargain since we get the paper anyway on a Saturday. He came back with a tiger loaf which is presently scenting the kitchen. Tiger bread has such a strong scent, very appetising.
Listened to the Desmond Carrington show from Radio Two over lunch. We record this (when we remember) on a friday night and play it back on Saturday and Sunday lunchtime. I love his show..it has such an eclectic mix of music, most of which are off the beaten track and not well known. My very most favourite artist is Harry Nilsson whose voice I think is marvellous. His "Without Her" is my most favourite song ever, and it drives me mad when I hear steve Wright who quite often plays it talking over the end of it. You never get to hear the end on the radio. Love "Everybody's talking" and New York City..just a fantastic singing voice. Such a shame he died so young really. I hope he is singing in Heaven somewhere if there is one.
This afternoon we watched some episodes of "Come Dine With Me Down Under". I think these were from Sydney, but they were quite entertaining. Oh that accent, would drive me mad the way some of them..not all.. have that sort of tone that goes up at the end of a sentence with a sort of sliding scale. I wonder of my brother speaks in Australian. Their children will because they have been there since they were very young. I do wish there weren't so many spiders there..puts me off totally..really totally. Gives me the eebies jeebies just thinking of them.. There was an item on the Northwest News last night about some family in Crosby who had a dangerous spider loose in their house. Come from bananas..VT looked it up on the net and the bananas came from Costco otherwise we would not have been going anywhere near Sainsburys on Monday!!!

Tonight we are having:
Vegetable spring rolls
1/2 packet of rice
stir fry vegetables
Sauce of some sort.

No comments: