Tuesday 3 May 2011

Done...

A big pile of ironing that has been looking at me since Sunday. Mostly bedding, with sheets that get extremely creased in the wash, but do iron out beautifully. The trouble with Egyptian cotton sheeting is that is creases like crazy in the wash, but it is so luxurious on the bed it is worth the effort.
I thought it was quite cold this morning, and when VT went down for the papers he came back and said that a few people had commented on the coolness of the weather. The sun is shining through the windows, so it looks very deceptive.
Our neighbour from next door rang the bell last night about fivish. She had been out and come back to find all the downstairs electric off, so she came to ask VT what she could do because she was worried about her fridge and freezer. So off he went, she must miss her husband for those sort of things, such a shame. Anyway he came back after a bit to say that they had rigged up a cable from upstairs which was ok, so at least the fridge and freezer were sorted. You take your partner so much for granted, I know I do, and it must be hard when suddenly you have to cope on your own. The last time she rang the bell, naughty ginger girl had left a mouse on her doorstep..as they do..and she doesn't like mice. Our Bobby used to do that, especially when Jane was here, I think she thought it was a present for her..which she certainly didn't appreciate, and didn't endear her to bobby at all. She doesn't bring anything in nowadays

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your very kind comment on my blog.

yep it's cold here too, my mum text me to say she had put her heating on. Ironing - I do detest ironing some people love it!!! take care, Judyx