Monday 23 May 2011

Stormy Weather...

I know that everywhere is dry, and we could do with some rain, but this is mad. We went to crosby to Sainsburys for the usual Monday shopping, and it had started to drizzle when we came out. I had forgotten where we parked, which was right outside the store under a tree, and walked right past it.
I'm sure everyone has done that before! Anyway, VT was leaning on the car laughing at me..Funny..not. he had only done that because in the shop he was looking at some of those Actimel drink things, and trying to find the ones with the longest sell by dates, and I walked off with the trolley. He came up to me where I was, and said You walked off..I said all right bossy..and there was a woman standing by me So we laughed at each other. He gets really bossy in supermarkets..especially when things are coming off the conveyor belt.. He says we'll put all the frozen things in here, and all the cat things in here, and you take the lighter stuff. I could smack him sometimes. Think I'll change his name to Mussolini!! Only kidding..mostly I just tell him not to be so bossy!
Anyway when we got home the Heavens had opened..and we got wet just running to the house. It's cleared up beautifully now, but the traffic report just now is telling of very strong winds in Scotland especially for high sided vehicles.It's blowy here, but sunny.Not warm though.The cats aren't venturing out much, but they don't like being wet.
Tonight we are having:Escalope with gruyere cheese
baby jersey royals
Mixed vegetables with a mushroom sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's been very blowy here and it's getting worse but, so far, no rain and I'm hoping it keeps away because I catch a train in the mornng to sheffield.
Stay in and enjoy a cuppa :) Judyx