Friday 13 May 2011

Posh Shop Today..

Waitrose for the weekend things today. It is a posh shop to me, nice place to go for a supermarket, but very expensive. What we tend to do is get the staples for our weekend..fatal to browse, that just bulks up the trolley, and lessens the amount in your purse.
VT was very pleased though because he got his favourite pasties, they are just like Cornish Pasties but are vegetarian, and we have them on a Friday as a treat.
Went to the bank in Formby to pay some money in for Jane to help her out a bit, and lo and behold we could actually park outside, and the first time too. Usually we have to go round the block a few times..so the luck was with us. Hope she spends it wisely. I'm sure she will.
Blowy and drizzly today although we managed to dodge the rain, parked right outside Waitrose front door too, one of those days I think.
This afternoon I finished my letter to John and Ann in Australia. I tend to start one then do bits and opieces at a time, but I wanted to get it done so I could send Anns Birthday things. Got her..a bag in a bag for quick shopping, A CD of Edmund Hockridge, she used to like years ago, a lovely cheery cashmere scarf from M&S that was reduced to an absolute bargain price in their sale, and a McIntosh bookmark from Past Times. Quite light this time, only cost £5.50 to post.
Tonight we have had!:
Pasties from Waitrose
Gravy
Rice Pudding also from Waitrose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We don't have a Waitrose in our area as they would never sell anything!! our main shops are Lidl, Tesco & Asda. There is a Sainsburys but you have to drive out to a retail park for this.
I keep rushing in and out with my washing as big black clouds appear and nothing happens!! we do desperately need the rain as the grass is now practically brown.
Take care, Judyx