Sunday 8 May 2011

The March Winds doth Blow...in May!!

Quite blowy today, with some sun but not a huge amount. Had a line of washing out which was blowing around very nicely, but you had to watch out for spots of rain. Eventually brought them in to finish ibn the frier. Little ginger girl was on the fence between the houses this morning witgh our Bobby keeping a watchful eye out. There is a real little community of cats out there, each one having their own territory.Ginger Thomas from the house the other side uses our garden as a passageway becaude he can't get under his own back door. Ours has a space so that our two can come and go quickly. Has been useful when they have been chased.
As i type this the sun is blazing through the window with a sharp shower of rain. It is so bright that you can hardly look out of the window. There must be a fantastic rainbow somewhere. I love rainbows, and the story about the pot of gold at the end of them. I wonder if parents still tell their children about that.
Had my hair touched up this afternoon..VT does a great job of that. i get a roots touch up which is enough to colour the grey at the parting. Overall the hair isn't bad, not a huge amount of grey really. VT stands behind me and puts the stuff on the parting and top of my head, and asks me where I am going for my holidays!! He is so funny.
At present I am listening to the Paul O'Grady show on radio Two. Bot a huge fan of his, but his show on a Sunday evening is really good. He has just played a piano piece by someone he calls Mrs Balaclava...no idea what that is about, but the piano playing was lovely. I do wish I could play the piano..One of my most wonderful memories was once when Jane was about five. We won a weekend in Gleneagles Scotland, and one night when we were having dinner, there was a pianist playing. I asked Jane to go and ask him to play "As time goes by" and she did. It was wonderful..everlasting memory.

Tonight we are having:
pizza with our own bread base, and tomato sauce
Mozzarella portobello mushrooms and courgette, pineapple and meatfree sausage.
Potato and egg salad
Potato salad for moi and bulgar what salad for VT.

No comments: