Friday 21 September 2012

Books!

Received another catalogue from "The Book People" today. Made me think about how book buying has changed over the years. I used to buy a lot of books from them in the past, and Vin got the odd one also if I was getting an order. Don't seem to get so many nowadays, wonder if it is the Kindle that is taking over. I have a number of books on there that I have ppurchased, some of them at a bargain price too. In fact I've just finished one that was 20p to download, and it is an up to the date book as well. I do have to say, it is an excellent way of reading new authors without having to fork out a large amount of money for them. The other thing is that it is now a bit hard to read small print now, and I can have the Kindle on a big print for me. A big plus. Currently reading "The Midwife's Confession" by Diane Chamberlain which is really excellent. Such a good read, and I haven't read any of her books before. Only £1.99 too an absolute bargain. haven't been to the library for an age, we just keep renewing our books online. trouble is they are now charging for the car park there and it puts you off, seems a shame when they are competing with Kindles etc too. Very shortsighted it seems to me. Vin took my money off to Tesco today to get the weekend things. It is our nearest store actually, and he had some vouchers for there too. the plan was to go there and then to Waitrose a few minutes away to get the egg salads that we like, then home for coffee. A bit of a plan change though because tesco had a deal on a Chicago Town Pizza and a tub off Haagen Daaz ice cream for a fiver which is a very good deal, and they had vanilla which is quite hard to get. So he went to Waitrose, then back to tesco for the deal.He is a smashing shopper now and is getting good at picking up the offers too. Well done Vin. Tonight we are having: Fishless fingers Chips..a real treat.. Mushy peas for Vin and green beans for moi A baked tomato to go with .

No comments: