Friday 28 September 2012

Finally!!!!

Appointment day today at Aintree hospital for the general surgery clinic.  Vin did a sterling job of driving as usual, he dropped me off at the front entrance and then went and parked the car in the multi storey car park. Caught up with me in the clinic later. 
After a wait of some minutes I went in to see the Consultant, at least I saw the head honcho and not a registrar this time! he asked me lots of questions took down loads of information, I was well organised and had taken all the blood pressure charts, medication lists, and a list of what I had been given in terms of tests. Think he was quite impressed with that..good bit of organisation.
He explained what the problem was that it involved the diverticular disease, and I needed an operation to remove the section of the bowel that was involved, and a repair job.  I signed a consent form, and the next job is to see the anaesthetist for a per-op beforehand.. Last thing I said to him was I'm not going to get lost in the system again am I? not in my department he said. Didn't like to say that I already had been once!! So, that's another step taken..wait for a hospital letter now.
Home in time to have a bit of a breather and watch Doctors which we recorded, and watch the rain. It was actually quite warm today, even though a bit windy. I had put my lighter winter jacket on, and was getting a tad warm in that. It's hard to know what to put on this weather.
Surprised to see the fields on the way to Crosby absolutely full of water. really quite flooded looked like the Lake District! Ditches full to overflowing also.
Tonight we are having:
Cheese and onion pasties  Waitrose
Baked tomato and a few veg.
Rice pudding.

No comments: